When buying a car, people have different specifications to consider. Among the various selection aspects, the length of the car seems to be a concern for most people. The average length of a car is essential for considering garage size and parking requirements. Knowing the exact size of your car also helps you determine if the car will fit the narrow roads in your neighborhood.
Alternatively, as a motor enthusiast, you might be interested in learning the size of different cars. While on the road, you will see small and big cars in the same place. You know the specific brands with bigger cars and those specializing in small ones. Brands like RAM, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, and Chevrolet have some of the biggest cars in the market.
Jeep Wranglers are among the most popular SUVs for their rugged designs and huge tires. The unique construction of this vehicle is why we will be looking at the dimensions of a Jeep Wrangler. We will consider all aspects that make these vehicles more unique than other brands in the market.
Jeep Wrangler General Dimensions
The Jeep Wrangler is a compact four-wheel drive SUV with off-road capabilities by Jeep. The vehicle is produced as a new version of the WWII Jeep CJ (Civilian Jeep) to extend the core brand identity of Jeep. The rugged off-road capabilities and features signify flexibility, versatility, and freedom.
The Jeep Wrangler speaks more of performance over comfort and safety, even with its dimensions. They come with either a soft- or hard-top roof. The Jeep Wrangler 1998 dimensions are as follows;
- Lengths; 12.7 feet (152 in)
- Width: 5.7 feet (68.4 in)
- Height: 5.10 feet (71 in)
- Wheelbase: 7.9 feet (94 in)
The general Jeep Wrangler Dimensions for all models are broken down as follows. This is a general guide to help you understand the size specifications of these vehicles.
- Length: Between 12.7 feet (12.7 in) and 15.7 feet (188 in) depending on trim and model year.
- Width: Between 5.6 feet (67.2 in) and 6.9 feet (82.8 in), depending on the model year and trim.
- Height: Between 5.9 feet (70.8 in) to 6.2 feet (74.4 in), depending on model year and trim.
- Wheelbase: From 7.8 feet (93.6 in) to 9.9 feet (118.8 in), depending on model year and trim.
What Are The Dimensions of a Jeep Wrangler Trunk?
The Jeep Wrangler Trunk, commonly known as the Jeep Gladiator, is a midsize pickup truck made by Jeep motors. The first gladiator was launched in 2018 at the Los Angeles Auto Show and still uses the platform from the Jeep Wrangler JL. This is the first pickup truck by Jeep after the discontinuation of the Comanche.
This truck has a wider wheelbase, making it the perfect choice for off-road and desert driving. In addition, it has enough space to hold your family and belongings, with more space in the truck bed. The dimensions are broken down as follows.
- Length: 18.1 feet (218 in)
- Width: 6.1 (73.8 in)
- Height: 6.25 feet (75 in)
- Wheelbase: 11.4 feet (137.3 in)
- Bed Size (L x W x H): 5 x 3.7 x 2.8 feet
- Passenger volume: 103 cubic feet
- Front Headroom: 3.5 feet (42.8 in)
- Front Legroom: 3.4 feet (41.2 in)
- Rear Headroom: 3.5 feet (42.8 in)
- Rear Legroom: 3.1 feet (38.3 in)
What Are The Dimensions of a Jeep Wrangler Windshield?
When measuring the dimensions of a Jeep Wrangler windshield, there are standard modifications and glass parameters to consider.
Central vertical height
The overlays, seals, and inserts must be considered in measuring the car’s windshield. Therefore, measurements should be taken of the most visible points of the glass plane. The measurements are also included in the tolerances for seal swinging magnitude, which ranges from 5 to 10 mm.
Lower face width
The lower face width is the distance from a lower auto glass side corner to the other, considering its curvature.
Vertical central width
Measurements are made in the part of the mirror mounting on the front glass central part.
- Top width: 4.4 feet (53 in)
- Bottom width: 4.6 feet (56 in)
- Height: 1.5 feet (19 in)
- See-through height: 1.25 feet (15 in)
What Are The Dimensions of a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the biggest version of all wranglers because it has more capacity. This vehicle receives more attention for its massive cargo space, wheelbase,
- Length: 15.7 feet (188.4 in)
- Width: 6.15 feet (73.8 in)
- Height: 6.1 feet (73.6 in)
- Wheelbase: 9.8 feet (118.4 in)
- Ground clearance: 0.81 feet (9.7 in)
- Front headroom: 3.58 feet (43 in)
- Rear headroom: 3.5 feet (42 in)
- Front legroom: 3.4 feet (41.2 in)
- Rear legroom: 3.1 feet (38.3 in)
How Wide is a Jeep Wrangler, Including The Mirrors?
The width of a Jeep Wrangler with mirrors is 6.3 feet. The dimensions of the mirrors are 5.5 in by 6 in. The Jeep Wrangler SUVs and Gladiator trucks have side mirrors on the doors. Car owners must determine the size of these mirrors because it may affect their garage space. However, this has been an issue for most drivers who go off-roading with the doors removed.
How Much Room is in The Back of a 4-Door Jeep Wrangler?
The cargo-hauling capabilities of the 4-door jeep wrangler depend on the body style. The vehicle has 31.7 cubic feet of space behind the seat. When the seats fold, you get 72.4 cubic feet of space, making it one of the massive cargo spaces in a compact SUV class.
Alternatively, the 2-door wrangler has 12.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the seats. When the seats are folded, you get 31.7 cubic feet of space.
Which Jeep Wrangler Has The Most Interior Space?
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the most spacious Jeep Wrangler SUV and even bigger than the two-door Jeep. It has enough space for three passengers to sit at the back, bringing the maximum capacity to five. The legroom is expansive, and removing the roof gives more headroom. The interior space dimensions are as follows;
- Front legroom: 3.43 feet (41.2 in)
- Rear legroom: 3.1 feet (38.3 in)
- Front headroom: 3.55 feet (42.6 in)
- Rear headroom: 3.47 feet (41.7 in)
- Front shoulder room: 4.64 feet (55.7 in)
- Front him room: 4.49 feet (53.9 in)
- Second-row headroom: 3.47 feet (41.7 in)
- Second-row legroom: 2.97 feet (35.7 in)
- Second-row shoulder room: 4.8 feet (57.7 in)
- Second-row hip room: 3.75 feet (45 in)
Which Jeep Wrangler Has The Most Legroom?
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the biggest Jeep Wrangler, which offers more comfort without cramming passengers. It has 3.4 feet 41.2 in legroom for the driver and co-driver to stretch out. On the rear, there is 3.1 feet 38.3 in legroom for passengers to enjoy moving space. The total passenger volume of the Unlimited is 104 cubic feet across multiple models for everyone inside this space to relax and have fun.
How Many Suitcases Can Fit in a 4-Door Jeep Wrangler?
You can fit eight large suitcases in the trunk area of the 4-door jeep wrangler. The Jeep Wrangler is a versatile vehicle for travelers who want more passenger and luggage space while still enjoying Jeep’s comfort and iconic style. Jeep Wranglers are known for their large cargo areas with 31.7 cubic feet. In addition, the folding rear seats give around 72.4 cubic feet of space which is more than what rival classes offer.
Maybe you want to buy a Jeep Wrangler or fancy these vehicles. This article has given you some details about the sizes to expect. Jeeps are spacious and comfortable, and you can fit all your gear and equipment without worrying about space. By learning about the space of the Jeep Wrangler, you can also determine the best car selection that fits your garage space. You would not want a car struggling to fit in tight spots. Therefore, you must plan for parking according to the vehicle size.
The dimension of stuff has been an interest of mine ever since I was a child. What I believe is most fascinating about the dimension of stuff is how extremely long, tall and wide some objects are both on earth and in the universe.